Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Shades of Green - Part 1

Welcome to my Walt Disney World Blog! I have been a huge fan of WDW since my first trip there in 1975, and a huge fan of taking pictures at WDW.  I have set up this blog primarily to document my upcoming trip (January 23-28, 2012), but to help pass the time for the next two weeks, I'll share some pictures from past trips. My "Liner" friends who follow my posts know that I am a huge Shades of Green advocate, so what better way to start off than by showing my "home resort". Many people complain about "lack of theming" at Shades of Green. I think had it been called something like "Carolina Bluffs", and "marketed" as a luxury Craftsman-style resort, people would agree that it is spot on target.


Always a welcome sight after an 8 hour drive!

Approaching Shades of Green by Car

Shades of Green Lobby taken from entrance to new wing (HDR Image)
The new wing at Shades of Green, taken from the terrace behind the main lobby
A portion of our 480 square foot room at Shades of Green
A panoramic view from our private balcony at Shades of Green
Shades of Green Lagoon, just after sunset
Lobby waterfall at stairs leading down to Shades of Green bus stop
People complain about "lack of theming" at Shades of Green; I get to say "Hi" to Mickey every day, which is enough for me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brian (from Scott's sister).
    That lobby looks very nice. Looks a lot like Wilderness Lodge, where we stayed. I wanted Scott to get us in Shades of Green, but I guess he didn't want to be in the comnpany of a then 4 year old! : ) Have a magical vacation : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures (I am a friend of Bruce's) we are planning a trip to Disney in May... I am debating about staying at SOG or Fort Wilderness cabins... how has your stay been at SOG? BTW your pictures are great... I am into photography as well.. Do you mind me asking what type of lens are you using? Great photos!

    ReplyDelete